Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm baaaackkkk...


Well- it is official- I'm married! We had an absolutely incredible few days surrounding our wedding- and the day of was just as we had wanted. We lucked out with gorgeous weather for our spectacular outdoor setting (which we learned quickly to appreciate, as the day following the wedding we awoke to a torrential downpour). We came back to Colorado on Thursday of that week and on Friday morning embarked on our honeymoon hike. I'll share the details later- but in short, I'm very proud to say that we did it! We walked just around 100 miles- from the top of Kenosha pass to the Mt. Elbert/Mt. Massive trailhead outside of Leadville. We averaged around 12 miles/day with our 25 pound packs, and were up between 9,000 and 12,500 ft. for the whole trip. Whew! Needless to say, I'm still catching up on my relaxation. I got to do a bit of sitting around this weekend, which was very nice. I'll be back to my semi-regular posting here now too.
I though that I'd share a few photos from the hike (wedding photos to come later...). The first photo here is somewhere between Kenosha Pass and Breckenridge. This was the typical scene on the trail. The second one (with the very blue sky) was between Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. This was probably one of our most challenging days- as we were up above the treeline for a good portion of the hike (and we had to go up, up, up to get there)! The final picture of me by the sign is at the very end (proof that I made it)! This is where the trail continues on towards Durango. We've already discussed the possibility of doing a similar hike from this point forward for our anniversary...

1 comment:

Troy said...

That sounds like a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Congratulations, and welcome back. See you Wednesday night.