Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Speedwalking Success

So, wondering about that Vegas commitment to walk my way around the city? Well, let me just tell you... I was so into my walking (and such a speedy walker) that my friends were all awed by my super speed walking strength. So much in fact, that one friend challenged me to a race! Here were the parameters: no running- just fast walking. But--- I was to walk on the "regular" path (our "track" was a carpeted indoor walk/hallway), and she got to go on the flat escalator/people-mover walking! The only reason that this was remotely fair to me was that I'm 5'9" and she's probably around 5'2" (and that may be generous...). Well, after a 3-2-1 countdown we were off! You'll be happy to know, that despite my clear disadvantage of not having a moving track to help me along the way, I won! It was a good laugh for the two of us, as well as the small crowd that had gathered to see 2 barefoot girls speed walk down the hallways of the MGM!

In any case, just a fun example of a way that my Weight Watchers commitment has worked its way into yet another facet of my life. I'll also share that I seriously did consider trying to get into the sport of speed walking at one point-- I'm pretty fast! Oh- and if you need a good laugh, google "Speed Walking" and check out some of the videos on YouTube. (Note: I'm not nearly as fast- or intense/crazy looking for that matter- as those professional speed walkers)!

No comments: